Not able to refresh local folder after update

I have just updated to 3.0 and now I am not able to update/refresh my local folder - the spinnre just spins and spins for hours but nothing happens in terms of updating the folder. I also removed the folder compltely and added it again, but still the same.

I am using Android 8.

2 Likes

Local folder fresh is quite slow because of Android limitations. It got a bit slower in 3.0, if I remember correctly. What does the notification say? It should show how many files it processed.

Well it is not updating at all. 0 from 4.

I have seen this behavior when selecting a folder from Nextcloud or similar. Is the folder you selected actually a local folder on the device?

1 Like

Yes, it is the download folder of the Phone, and it worked perfectly with 2.7.1.

1 Like

Does this happen with all local folders or just a specific one?

I tried it with different folders, it happens with all of them.

I have the same issue, on android 8.0. Updating or adding local folders doesnt work. Tried with different folders (both on internal storage and on external sd card) with no luck. It does not show any errors, just spins aond spins endlessly (for days/weeks) without updating.

It worked perfectly with 2.7.1

I tried to disable and re-enable storage permissions, but it had no effect. The app can interact with storage in other ways, for example: saving backup db, or opml works to any specified folder.

2 Likes

The same on Android 6.0.

Downgraded to 2.7.1 and local folders are working again.
The issue is definitely with 3.0.2

1 Like

See also Adding local folder as Podacast not working anymore · Issue #6518 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

Will this issue be addressed? I have the same problem and it renders the app completely unusable for someone like myself who primarily uses local files

1 Like

Can confirm. I’m having the same problem. Downgrading to 2.7.1 solved the issue

To elaborate:

1. when I add a local folder, antennapod adds the folder to the subscriptions page
  2. it tries to synchronise the content of the folder
  3. it starts the synchronisation (the arrow-thing pops up) … and that’s it. It never ends.
  4. besides the synchronisation not finishing, it also means that the content of the folder does not get added to the subscriptions, and thus the content can’t be used

Note that nothing crashes, so I don’t see how to forward any crash/bug information.

As such, I’d think that there are two bugs, but related:

• local folders actually are added, but
  • synchronisation doesn’t end …
  • and because the synchronisation doesn’t end, the local content in the folder isn’t added to the subscription page

Device/System:

• Samung Xcover4
  • Android Version: 9
1 Like

I have the same problem, except that I get error reports saying there’s no connection to the server, on each and every one of my podcast subs. Nothing has updated since the end of April, before the latest app update went in. Clearly a problem with the latest update. Do I need to go back to the previous version?
So, my problem does not have to do with local folders or attempts at downloading adjust getting info on latest postings is impossible. As I said, no connection to servers. Maybe I should start or find another preport? But it definitelynseems inked to this problem.

Some details. When I tap “Refresh” button in the local folder podcast got following error in logcat (AntennaPod 3.1.0-beta2(5ae766b1a):

Work [ id=3f46a088-5485-4774-9894-7033959aea4a, tags={ feedUpdate, de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.FeedUpdateWorker } ] failed because it threw an exception/error
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expedited WorkRequests require a ListenableWorker to provide an implementation for getForegroundInfoAsync()
at androidx.work.impl.utils.futures.AbstractFuture.getDoneValue(AbstractFuture.java:516)
at androidx.work.impl.utils.futures.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:475)
at androidx.work.impl.WorkerWrapper$2.run(WorkerWrapper.java:311)
at androidx.work.impl.utils.SerialExecutor$Task.run(SerialExecutor.java:91)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expedited WorkRequests require a ListenableWorker to provide an implementation for getForegroundInfoAsync()
at androidx.work.impl.utils.futures.AbstractFuture.getDoneValue(AbstractFuture.java:516)
at androidx.work.impl.WorkerWrapper$1.run(WorkerWrapper.java:291)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5478)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:727)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:617)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expedited WorkRequests require a ListenableWorker to provide an implementation for getForegroundInfoAsync()
at androidx.work.impl.utils.WorkForegroundRunnable$2.run(WorkForegroundRunnable.java:93)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:727)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expedited WorkRequests require a ListenableWorker to provide an implementation for getForegroundInfoAsync()
at androidx.work.ListenableWorker.getForegroundInfoAsync(ListenableWorker.java:260)
at androidx.work.impl.utils.WorkForegroundRunnable$1.run(WorkForegroundRunnable.java:85)

Do you have beta 3 available in the Play Store? PR #6550 has been merged and fix issue #6518 which I believe is your issue.

1 Like

At last! The issue really fixed in beta 3.
Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.