Notifications

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model: Pixel 6

Expected behaviour:

Current behaviour: Nagging me to enable notifications

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

I don’t want notifications of podcasts as I listen to specific ones at my convenience. Is there some way to disable the notification nag?

Enabling notifications does not show notifications for new episodes. It just shows notifications when something goes wrong.

Ummm… No. That isn’t what the app says.

1 Like

There is also a notification that shows the download progress after you click the download icon. So you can cancel the download or see how far it is. It says nothing about notifications for newly released episodes.

I don’t download podcasts, but the original question remains: is there a way to dismiss that nag so I don’t have to see it every time?

What you can do is to open the Android settings screen, enable the notification permission, and then turn off all individual types of notifications. But I really recommend leaving on the “error” ones. Otherwise you will sooner or later run into a situation where something is broken and you have no way of finding out why it is broken.

Before you ask: The “new episodes” notification on that screen does not enable “new episode” notifications. These need to be enabled on a per-podcast level, even if the switch is on.

We are currently working on making the app work without notifications, but until that is done, notifications are the only way you can see why something is broken, if something is broken.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.