Option to remove "go to end of episode" from lockscreen menu

The buttons on the app’s pulldown menu for the phone’s lockscreen are quite small, and hitting “go to end” when I meant “fast forward” is super annoying. Could we have a settings option to remove “go to end”, please? (And if it were possible to increase the size of the buttons, that would be great.)

Thanks for a great app!

Anne.

Hey, as far as I know these lockscreen/pulldown player are part of the android system and the antennapod app has only minor control over them. What you named skip to end is actually skip to next episode in queue, I guess some find that useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. The buttons are too close.
Perhaps we can have the Forward & Rewind buttons on opposite ends.
Screenshot 2023-03-16 8.50.50 AM

With respect to the statement that “these lockscreen/pulldown player are part of the android system and the antennapod app has only minor control over them”, that seems not to be the case. I experimented by starting three apps simultaneously which produce audio ouput and set themselves up as a pulldown. Here are my results (description of the pulldowns):

• Insight timer:

• centre right: big pause/play button
    • bottom left: go to start (seems to restart ambient soundtrack)
    • bottom right: go to end (seems to restart ambient soundtrack)
  • Metronome Beats Pro:

• centre right: big pause/play button
    • bottom left: go to start button (reduces bpm by 5)
    • bottom right: go to end button (increases bpm by 5)
  • Audipo:

• Row above the bottom: several “song order” controls
    • Along the bottom, from left to right:
      • back to start
      • back to previous checkpoint
      • rewind
      • pause/play
      • fast forward
      • forward to next checkpoint
      • go to end / next song
  • AntennaPod:

• Along the bottom, from left to right:
      • progress bar, wiggles while playing
      • rewind (goes back a configurable number of seconds)
      • play/pause
      • fast forward (goes forward a configurable number of seconds)
      • go to end (next queued podcast)

So it really would be helpful to either have a setting to allow a user to remove the “next queued podcast” button, or else place the buttons differently to reduce the likelihood of touching the wrong button.

Anne.

1 Like

My device only shows 2 buttons additionally to the play/pause button on the ‘normal’ lock screen. I can set in AP which two out three choices (skip/ff/rew). Only when I expand the AP message using the small triangle, all 4 buttons appear, including the skip button.

So I guess it is device individual whether it shows the compact or expanded lockscreen message normally and if you are lucky, you can set it in the lock screen messages menu of your device settings.