Personalize and customize search results

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:

When I search for a topic keyword such as ‘tennis’, or ‘programming’ I see the same results, I would like to personalize/filter the results.

1. Allow for customizing the number of results o r paginate
  2. Show an indication of I have already subscribed to a podcast
  3. Allow me to hide a podcast from appearing in my search results, and make this sticky and save this list of hidden podcasts ( allow me to show all and then un-hide )
  4. Allow me to filter by last updated time, or last publish time ( I think this is supported)
  5. Any other filtering supported by PodcastIndex or iTunes searches
  6. Save my search criteria into a saved lists so I can execute the same searches later to check for new results

Suggested solution:

Add a filtering option to search results and save my preferences of hiding certain podcasts.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

On an individual person basis, this is useful not just to filter out, but useful for seeing new podcasts based on the same search.

Let’s say I always search for ‘tennis’ and I always see the same 30 podcast in the search results. I don’t like any of them or I have subscribe to them already. Then I could ‘X’ / hide them from the search results, and only see new podcasts when I search again.

2 Likes

I think indeed we need to improve search. Other users are requesting improvements also:

I leave 5 stars for being a well-crafted podcast app and without advertisements, but it does not give many results in Brazilian podcasts, listing more English and Spanish ones. I didn’t find a search option by region or how to search on Google Podcast. I ask you to improve the app’s search for national podcasts, other than that it’s great…

with Google podcasts shutting down soon I started looking for a good podcast app. searching for podcasts could be better but if you know what you want to listen to the queue/inbox management is very good. plus it’s now bloated with unnecessary features or ads.

search function isn’t great. it doesn’t update new episodes from anything you’re subscribed to automatically. it’s really kind of a clunky app.

We could introduce additional filters, in line with things mentioned above. An example would be the ability to search based on individuals in the ‘person’ tag of the namespace. I think we’ll be relying on the Podcast Index there.