Play on sonos

Hello,

I like to tell you that I enjoy the app very much. It is fantastic to play the podcasts in my car on the carradio.

There is only one thing that could be better for me. It should be great if I could use the app to play podcasts on my Sonos player. Now it is not possible. At one side because there is no intergration with the Sonos app, but that seems me difficult. At the other side because the folders where the podcasts are downloaded are marked as .nomedia and the mp3 files are not visible for the Sonos app.

Maybe that last point is easy to solve?

Thanks for reaction.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Sonos myself, the api looks simple enough. Looks like the market share is pretty good. I am guessing playing thru bluetooth is not a great sonos experience?

1 Like

As far as I know, Sonos plays thru the WiFi network. The Sonos hasn’t Bluetooth.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jop
(Vanaf mijn mobiel verzonden, dus waarschijnlijk te kort en te bondig)

Dag Jop,

Welkom op het AntennaPod-forum :slight_smile:

This was also requested on our the developer platform GitHub, because allegedly Sonos looks in the ‘Podcasts’ folder of a device. The option to choose the precise location (so that you can set pick the ‘Podcasts’ folder) is also requested on GitHub.

However, I now understand there’s a Sonos API, @tonytamsf? Can you share a link to the specification? If there’s a specific API that we can implement, I guess we should reopen the aforementioned #2920?

Thank for your reaction, I will follow the items on github.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jop

You mean this API?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jop

If @ByteHamster works on this, we should use our future funds to buy a Sonos for him

To be honest, I am not really interested in working on this (and I don’t want/need a Sonos :slight_smile:). This feature needs to be implemented by someone else

1 Like

I am not interested either, lots of other features and bugs I want to fix for AntennaPod, like the Media playing milestone

2 Likes

@tonytamsf @ByteHamster Should I reopen the GH issue with reference to the API and add a ‘help wanted’ label?

1 Like

Sure why not leave it open for a Sonos fan to pick it up to work on. I saw the stats that there is a pretty large user base of their speakers

2 Likes

I’m very interested in beaming my AntennaPod content to our Sonos speakers. AntennaPod is the only reason already having Bluetooth speakers at home.

1 Like

I share exactly the same problem (SONOS+ Antenapod). I found in sonos a compatible podcast app but it blends in ads. Now I do not use the sonos things at all, but ony blue tooth connections. A real shame sonos does not facilitate the folder selection needed for Antenapod. I assume it is all about the money. The sonos boxes where expensive enough as to expect this interface to be there :-(.