Play Store Data Safety Section

Hi Team

In the recent Play Store policy, it will become mandatory for you to fill out the Data Safety Section. Since this is an OSS Android app, it will make sense to have it as a part of the repository as well.

I have run the scan using my tool here on your repo, attached are the scan results. I found the following:

4 data types
0 SDK

If this is helpful, do use our free tool to generate Play Store Data Safety report: GitHub - Privado-Inc/privado: Privado CLI scans & monitors your repositories to build up privacy-transparency reports & finds privacy issues.

How do you extract that report? These all seem to be false positives. AntennaPod does not collect any data.

• Crash logs: Users can export the logs to a file (and send it to us manually if they want) but I don’t think that is what Google means when they talk about “data collected or shared”. See Provide information for Google Play's Data safety section - Play Console Help
  • Diagnostics: We definitely don’t do diagnostics. We don’t even know how many downloads the app has because F-Droid does not count downloads. The app counts the number of times you pressed the stream/download button to offer changing the corresponding setting but that data stays locally on the device.
  • Device or other IDs, User IDs: I don’t know of any IDs that we would collect. We do not even have a server that could do that. Just the forum server and a Jitsi instance for contributor meetings.
2 Likes

You can run the scan using the tool here: GitHub - Privado-Inc/privado: Privado CLI scans & monitors your repositories to build up privacy-transparency reports & finds privacy issues.

Example of Device ID detected:

They could very well be false positives, since we don’t have complete context currently of data sharing, still WIP.

Yeah, these IDs are for selecting a device from Gpodder’s list. Not an identifier for the system you are using.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.