Playback in queue stops apparently because next file is 0 bytes

App version: 2.5.1 google play (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 12 (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:
Samsung G10+

Expected behaviour:
Play next file in queue.

Current behaviour:
Playback halts with error, file not found.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
March 2022?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Let auto-download happen.
  2. Play any file in queue.
  3. Play may happen, or not.
  4. If it does, after, the next file errors.
  5. Tapping the play icon on errored file, it changes to the “not downloaded” icon.
  6. Tapping that icon causes DL again. (Circle with “X” in middle)
  7. New play icon.
  8. Tapping this icon, file plays.
  9. Next file in queue, often, but not always, same issue.

I use auto-download
I use BT headphones, but this happens when just playing through speakerphone also.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]
1 Like

Nobody else has this issue? I’m going to bail on this player, unless I can go back to an earlier, more reliable, version.

No problem here, didn’t see this post before your other answer → maybe there is a problem with file access authorisation ? I would try to change folder location (Settings → storage) to hopefully trigger a request from Android to give access to folder to AntennaPod. So if it’s not working better you know it’s not because of that. Did you change in the past the default folder?

1 Like

I have also been experiencing this problem for a couple of months now. My symptoms are exactly as described in the OP.
AntennaPod version: 2.5.2
Android version: 12
Device: Samsung S10+
downloaded app from Google Play Store
long-time user
This problen occurs intermittently, but frequently enough to be VERY annoying. The problem is NOT specific to any particular podcast feed. I’ve had to start trying to start each title after a refresh of my queue in order to avoid the stopping of my queued podcasts play due to this problem. I have made NO changes to my settings to cause the problem to start.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.