Playback is not continuous

App version: 2.7.1 from F-Droid

Android version: 13 (but using GrapheneOS)

Device model: Pixel 6

Expected behaviour: I’d like the app to do a continuous playback, pausing only when I tell it

Current behaviour: the app, typically within 3 minutes, ceases playback when I’m using a dongle and wired headphones. Despite a lack of sound, the play/pause button provides the pause option, suggesting that the sound if still going. It is unresponsive to being pressed on and off typically, and full responsiveness usually does not return until the dongle is unplugged and then plugged back in, usually resulting in at least one instance of the time moving forward without sound before it is restored to proper functionality. Playback is additionally interrupted when playing off the phone speaker, but less quickly and predictably; most of the app’s behaviour is the same, but left on its own, it will cut back to audio after some seconds, usually to fail to continue playback once again very shortly afterwards

First occurred: < 6 hours ago

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press play on a podcast in AntennaPod.
  2. One or the other problem will evidence itself in time.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)
Dongle, wired headphones - I don’t think I have other settings changed

Addition: I made another post on the GrapheneOS forum (I am not sure if it is an AntennaPod problem so much as GrapheneOS): Diagnosing problem with continuous playback (with wired headphones) - GrapheneOS Discussion Forum

Edit: 16 hours later, the problem is not reproducible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.