When I pause playback and restart it only a couple minutes later, playback jumps back at least an entire minute. This is a huge headache, forcing me to skip ahead to get back to where I left off instead of relistening to an entire minute or two that I just heard. Please fix! Or add a setting to choose when this behaviour occurs or how long the skip back is.
I have a feeling this may be related to Add a setting to not pause on audio focus loss. They both started happening for me at around the same time, and I think only when phone notifications are not silenced. When playback stops for a notification, it actually skips back a second or so – my suspicion is that this continues while paused, so if you get a lot of notifications before starting to listen again, you might find yourself a fair way back in the podcast. I haven’t actually done any real testing to confirm or disprove this theory though.