Player audio randomly stops - but seekbar continues progressing

Just chiming in with the same issue on 3.4. Started about a week ago. Frequency has increased. Always on Wi-Fi (so not a connection issue), happens both from phone speaker and multiple Bluetooth headphones. I exclusively stream, have not tried downloading and listening yet. Happens on various podcasts, sometimes about 15 minutes in, but in the last 2 days it’s happened with only 5 or so minutes left in the 1+ hour ep.

Audio cuts out but playback is still advancing. Attempting to pause/rewind/fast forward earlier this week gave me the error message that the ep can’t be played. In the last few days it appears playback resumes but still without audio. Going back to a timestamp before the audio cut does the same: it appears that playback resumes but no part of the episode plays audio once it cuts out initially. Closing and clearing the cache does not help.

I checked the first episode it happened on at least once a day and about 3 days later was able to get from around 15 minutes to the last 5 minutes before it cut out again. It seems after I listen to other pods (audio does not cut out for all, maybe 1/4) I can go back to the one with the error some time later and it will magically work again. No GitHub account but will try downloading and see if that helps for now. Thanks for the work you do!

1 Like