Playlists? Categories? Tags?

Am I missing something or does this app not have playlists/categories? So I can see/hear casts I tagged as a particular topic/genre… I still semi-use a bloated buggy podcast player that lets you add casts to groups/topics/playlists. I don’t know if you guys call it something else here.

Am I explaining my question well enough?

2 Likes

Hi @AntMusic

Welcome to the AntennaPod community forum! I’m sorry no-one replied to you earlier.

AntennaPod certainly have a playlist - it’s called the ‘Queue’ and is the first item in the menu if you swipe from left. However, there’s only one: it is currently not possible to create multiple queues.

The next update will introduce the ability to add tags to the podcasts you are subscribed to. If you want to check out this functionality as soon as possible, you can become a Beta tester. (The update will take some time to arrive to all beta testers, though. My guess would be it’ll take at least one or two weeks.)

1 Like

I would like to voice support for playlists. Here is an example use case:

1. One to be my “listen through this” playlist on a given topic. Maybe history, fitness, computers, etc.
  2. One to be music podcasts for focused work
  3. One to be a different kind of music for workouts

Using the queue for this would mean manually checking between every activity and having accidental situations where your intense workout podcast finishes and the next in queue is a talking podcast.

I also would love to have support for multiple queues.

I currently manage the whole queue manually to:

1. Have a queue while driving (comedy related podcasts)
  2. A queue for the gym (interviews)
  3. Sleep queue (story based shows)

Its doable though its a lot of manual work. Would love to have that option.

Multiple playlists is one of the most requested features and a version is already in the works.

3 Likes

Good to see that playlists are in the works. That’s the one missing link for me with AntennaPod. I’d like them for a variety of reasons, but the most pressing one is probably for use with Android Auto. I tend to have a lot in my queue, more than I’ll listen to. It becomes like a list of bookmarks and I don’t want to delete everything there to pare it down because of that. Having playlists that would be accessible in Android Auto would be a huge benefit for me.

1 Like

I have a suggestion in regard to multiple playlists… A functionality I’ve enjoyed very much in other podcast apps is the ability to choose an episode from a list such an episode on the podcast home page, (or a specific season) and when that episode ends, it plays the next episode in that list without having to manually build a playlist.

2 Likes