Podcasts dont download and add to queue

Hi,

Been using antenna pod for a few months and really like it. But I seem to be having a problem that my subscriptions stop getting downloaded and added to my queue. It seems to happen when the image cache fills up but i cant increase it anymore. Am I correct in thinking this would happen when the image cache fills or do I have something else wrong; if so is there a way around this?

Thank you for the help.

I found that there is also a episode cache limt under automatic downloads that I am able to increase and that should fix my problem I was increasing the image cache size under storage before. Iā€™ll leave this here in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

2 Likes

@ByteHamster Do we throw a dialog the first time this happens? If not, we might do so, to help users understand whatā€™s going on (in addition to the warning icon in the sidebar menu)

Hmm, Iā€™m not really a fan of adding more dialogs. Maybe we can just remove the image cache size setting, so it cannot be confused with the episode cache. Itā€™s a pretty technical setting only for experienced users and therefore not our target audience anyway. We could even configure the image cache size automatically based on the available storage space.

1 Like

Hi,

I donā€™t believe there was a dialogue the first time it happened but there could have been. I get an icon next to downloads and clicking on it brings up a dialogue saying ā€œEpisode cache full the episode cache has been reached. You can you can increase the cache size in Settings.ā€ This led to me to think the storage tab of setting where I found image cache size. So maybe change the dialogue to push you more towards episode cache under network > automatic downloads.

2 Likes

I like the idea of removing the image cache setting.
We can also update the infobox text. However, wouldnā€™t it be an idea to have a button in that infobox ā€˜Open settingsā€™ that leads you directly to the Automatic Download settings screen? It doesnā€™t force the user to discover the settings, but it is very convenient.

1 Like

While I kinda like more configuration options compared to less, I think defaulting to auto sized would probably be fine. I often prefer opensource dueto the number of options. I think intelligent defaults would allow users who donā€™t wishto mess with the minutiae.

Remove Image cache setting Ā· Issue #5057 Ā· AntennaPod/AntennaPod Ā· GitHub created

Add link to relevant settings screen in 'Episode cache full' dialog Ā· Issue #5058 Ā· AntennaPod/AntennaPod Ā· GitHub created

1 Like