Protected Controls Where One Cannot Swipe

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
App version 3.0.2 from Google Play

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)
Android v.10

Device model:
T-Mobile REVVL4

Expected behaviour:
When I touch a button in the playback controls, such as play/pause or skip forward, the playback starts/ends or skips forward. Or, when I touch the Download button in list view, the episode downloads.

Current behaviour:
When I touch a button, the entire playback screen disappears, or the episode slides away, removing it from the list and making me go through several steps to retrieve it.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
Always.

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

First, I love AntennaPod, it remains my favorite podcast app. Thank you for all of your work to make it so.

I am older, in my late 50s. I am reminded of my late mother, who, in her 80s, developing macular degeneration and sad because she could no longer read books. I purchased a Kindle for her, and she was so happy! But she also had essential tremor and arthritis, so every attempt to swipe to the next page resulted in her making the font so big only about two letters appeared on each page.

I tried finding a first generation Kindle for her on eBay, so she could press buttons to turn pages instead, to no avail. There was no control to turn swiping off on the newer Kindle I purchased for her.

Now I, too, am developing both arthritis and essential tremor, and while I love AntennaPod, and recognize the convenience of swiping, I remain convinced it should always be a feature one can turn on or off. When I touch the play button or the download button with my increasingly shaky finger, something terrible and frustrating often happens.

Feature request: don’t allow swiping where a button exists.

OR: let me turn off swiping entirely if I so desire. A press-and-hold drop-down menu of functions would be much more useful.

Please don’t hate me because I am getting old. I can’t help it! I still need a great podcast player (and e-book reader). :slight_smile:

Thank you again!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.