I just wanted to exclude a few feeds from my daily auto downloads, since they are all added to queue even if I don’t want to listen to them now.
So I headed to the feed settings and disabled the auto download and received a popup with the content:
Use on existing episodes
The new Auto-Download-Setting will be automaticalle be used on new episodes.
Do you want to include already released episodes?
(Rughly translated from german)
Is it wanted the popup will be shown for enabling and disabling?
There is no indicator what was choosen before or what the normal behavior is and I don’t know the expected behavior for any usecase.
- Enabling and No: Will it only download new episodes from this date?
- Enabling and Yes: Will it download also already released episodes which are marked as new?
(Sidequestion: I believe “new” means new since adding the feed?)
- Disabling and No: Epidsodes marked as new but released before changing this setting still getting downloaded? Which they already should been?
- Disabling and Yes: Completley off?
Edit: Also what is the standart behaviour? Since you can close the popup by taping outside of the box.
So I don’t know if the behavior is intentional, but it is also confusing (at least for me).
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable global auto download
- Add podcast
- Disable auto download for this feed
- Enable the auto download again
Autodownload global: on
Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro - Miui12 - Android 10