Recommended FLOSS Apps like Antennapod

Hello all,

Many thanks for this incredible app. Coming from an Android ecosystem, where every update spells certain disaster for native functionality, Antennapod is an exceptional and incredibly functional app, par none.

On this thread, what are other open source apps the community uses?

Are there any equivalents for news readers/feeds or music player apps anyone may recommend?

Cheers, -taii

2 Likes

There are a bunch of good open source apps such as Newpipe, DNS66, or OSMAND.

However, I dont think this forum is the right place to look for such information as its mainly focused on Antennapod. You can try other places such as Reddit, https://fossdroid.com/, or the Fdroid app store.

2 Likes

Thanks for the leads and quick reply @fake4000

Cheers, -taii

I personally love Organic Maps: https://organicmaps.app/
Edit: sorry, that’s not a feeds/readers or music app at all :speak_no_evil:

Are there any equivalents for news readers/feeds or music player apps anyone may recommend?

“Feeder” is the most recommended news feed reader. It receives frequent updates and is very well done.

Alternatively, you can subscribe to and read a wide range of different types of RSS/XML feeds directly in AntennaPod itself.

1 Like

NARF. Ahh, double dose of mixed doubles here. Yes, you are correct that Newpipe & others are excellent programs. Absolutely yes, but I see no reason (zero, none, nada, nay) to ever expect to find decent programming in the gutter regions of Reddit, F’book, or the host of filthe & sewage flowing from Yahoo. Yesterday, a newly met fellow asked legitimately why I don’t watch or listen to tv & radio commercial broadcasting. For the many, it isn’t obvious because they are blind to Truth.
A short answer can’t explain it well, so I won’t jam it into here. Most ads are lies based on “half-truths”. I refuse to feed on the filthy of lies, so 20+ years ago I cold turkey stopped the ad addiction of using commercial tv & radio. Only nicotine is worse.