Redirecting a Feed without a 301

App version: 2.6.2
Android version: 13 (Graphene)
Device model: Pixel 6a
Expected behaviour:
Current behaviour:
This is a shot in the dark, but I’m hoping you can help me how to figure out how to get my podcast’s feed URL changed without using a 301 redirect. Our feed is hosted on AWS and unfortunately they have advised me it’s impossible to use a 301 redirect. I have used the itunes:new-feed-url tag but it has only updated Apple products and not players like AntennaPod. Below please find a link to the feed:

https://cm-us-standard.s3.amazonaws.com/feed/podcast.xml

Are you aware of any other tags or methods that could be used to update players such as AntennaPod? Thanks.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the Peak Prosperity Podcast.
  2. View podcast info.
  3. You’ll see the feed URL points to Amazon and not BluBrry.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

AntennaPod currently does not support itunes:new-feed-url. I added this to our issue tracker, because it is something we should definitely support. Unfortunately, you currently cannot do anything about it, but to wait until we have implemented it and released an update.

Issue here: Support for itunes:new-feed-url · Issue #6182 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.