Review of the Danish website preview

Yes, that’s already implemented and will be released in 2.7.0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see in Weblate that there are suggestions by an anonymous user for the Danish translations of the website. I have not reviewed all of them yet but so far I see several good suggestions for better translations and wordings. I am adding those.

However, I also notice that the suggestions in some cases do not take the existing translation in the app or the glossary in Weblate into consideration. Would is perhaps help to emphasize the need to do this on the Translate page? (Translate – AntennaPod)

Also: What is best practice if I don’t think a suggested improvement of a translation is correct? Should I delete it or just leave it there? It might seem kind of arrogant to delete a suggestion but I also worry that someone else might come along and approve it without knowing why it’s wrong.

1 Like

Ultimately someone needs to adjudicate on the different suggestions and see how they can be used (or not) to improve the translation. I would say you’re in a better position to do that than anonymous contributors and discarding rejected suggestions is part of that process.

1 Like

Fully agree with @loucasal here - feel free to delete/reject them.

Hmmm. I see whe we would want to emphasise this better. But I’m a bit worried about the amount of text on that page - it already is a lot, would (potential) contributors really read it?

I’m thinking of 3 other options:

• the Instructions for translators on Weblate itself
  • a whole new ‘Contributors’ documentation section, where such things could be described (together with some things currently in the GitHub wiki)
  • activating a Glossary check

Maybe we should start with the latter…