Scheduling local/online auto app data backups

App version: 2.5.2 (Google Play Store)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
Scheduling auto backups

Suggested solution:

Ability to have the app create a full database backup (the Database export option) to a local drive every day at a certain time.

Also, if possible the ability to have this backed up to Google Drive. Google Drive has a feature where an app can backup system data on Drive. It doesn’t count towards the storage as it is not stored in the conventional user facing Drive instance, it is shown in the App Backups section. It is meant to be a app system data backup solution that keeps the most recent backup and is accessible to the uploading app itself.

Podcast Addict has this implemented where the app can create a local backup, and if enabled the same file will be uploaded to Google Drive on the same schedule and potentially restored.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

4 Likes

I’m new to AntennaPod, thx to Google Podcasts being deprecated soon. This would be a great feature for me too. I mostly use my phone for podcasts, so syncing in near real time isn’t that important. I do worry about losing my play/not play data and having to move to a new phone in the future. I don’t want to manually have to mark played episodes again.

See also this feature request on GitHub, our development platform:

Daily back-ups have been implemented via Optional automatic daily database backup by ByteHamster · Pull Request #6994 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub. It will be released in AntennaPod 3.4.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.