Show notes for local folder podcasts

App version: 2.7.1 F-Droid

Hey,
Problem you may be having, or feature you want: I wonder if it would be possible to add shownotes to podcasts imported as a local folder. I couldn’t find such a feature.

Suggested solution: For example, text files that have the same name (up to the extension) as the media file, would be recognized as the show notes for the given episode.

By the way, what is the format of the show notes? I don’t know how it is rendered in the show notes panel when playing an episode. I guess it’s not rendered HTML or Markdown or anything of the sort but rather a simple string?

Thanks for your time,
Cheers.

Shownotes in local folders are already supported. Use the “description” MP3/ID3 attribute. It is rendered as HTML.

Oh alright, thanks. I’ll experiment with that.

So that works well for audio podcasts.
I was wondering how I would go about doing the same, but for video podcasts? I tried putting the notes in the “description” attribute of the .mp4 file, but this won’t get displayed as shownotes.

m4a/mp4 metadata parsing is not supported yet, see Support for parsing m4a chapters · Issue #4311 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub