Sleep timer until end of episode

App version: 2.3.1 (from Google Play)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:

I would love to be able to set the sleep timer until the current episode ends. Currently, I have to set a specific duration.

Suggested solution:

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

4 Likes

Hi @awi,
Thanks for using AntennaPod and chipping in on our community forum :slight_smile:
You’re not the only one that has requested it:

And someone already started to work on implementing it, but the code is yet to be reviewed:

3 Likes

I know that this is an older post, but there’s a simple workaround you can use for this.

If you drag the currently-playing episode to the bottom of the queue, then playback will stop after the episode, because it will reach the end of the queue.

4 Likes

While, yes, this will cause payback to stop after the current episode, it’s not really a good workaround because you have then lost your position in the queue.

This issue and PR have been open for a long time. Is there any resolution coming in the near future?

1 Like

If you turn off “continuous playback”, AntennaPod stops after the episode, keeps the position in the queue, and already loads the next episode (so you can press play and continue if you want).

Hi :wave:,

New to the app and forums…

→ Also requesting a dedicated “End of episode” option for the sleep timer.

(Since it’s a seemingly basic feature, requested since 2016 without implementation, and with only suggested workarounds offered as solutions, curious to know why the idea has been nixed?)

Would allowing the continuous playback as a toggle in the sleep timer screen be a simple way to achieve this without too much additional work?

I’m using that function now but it’s tucked away if I want to use both behaviours.

Maybe the ultimate solution would be an ‘end of episode’ button in the sleep menu that just temporarily disables continuous playback.

Of course we are just aiming for perfection here, the app is fantastic already.

1 Like

The last message in the PR was 6 months ago, and comments on the issue and the PR appear to be locked. Is there anything I could do to help push this along?

I see that the PR/issue is marked as needing some kind of decision. Is that still accurate at this time?