Smaller playback speed increments

App version: 3.1.2 (8d4270ab8)/F-Droid)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want: Smaller playback speed increments.

Suggested solution: Playback speed increments of 0.01 or 0.02.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details: playback speed options are currently in 0.05 increments, e.g., … 1.10, 1.05, 1.0, 0.95, 0.90, 0.95 etc. The request is to have increments of 0.01, e.g., … 1.03, 1.02, 1.01, 1.0, 0.99, 0.98, 0.97 etc.

As a reference, Podcast Republic has this option.

Antennapod is 99.99% perfect. Thanks for a great app!

Just out of curiosity: is there really a perceptible difference between 0.01 and 0.05 increment?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Matth78.

I find some podcasters, interviewers, interviewees speak fast and 0.95 is often in between the right speed. At first I thought it was a “grass is always greener” thing, but after having tested with Antennapod and Podcast Republic, I find the sweet spot for me is between 0.98 and 0.92 (even with compromise in audio quality at the slower speeds.)

I figured seeing as this feature exists in other podcast apps/audio software (e.g., VLC), it must get used.

With that said, it’s the first time I’ve requested a feature in an app, let alone one that is built by volunteers and is free!! So I’m happy to be schooled. Appreciate your time. Pav :slight_smile: