Statistics inconsistency after podcast deletion

App version: 2.0.3 (81e2be8f2) f-droid

Problem you may be having, or feature you want: when we delete a podcast its listening time will also be deducted from statistics.

Suggested solution:

Would it be possible to change it that statistics stay the same after deleting a podcast? I just set up a new phone and wanted to declutter the app a bit by getting rid of podcasts i dont need anymore, but now i cant do that because i am too much of a statistics slut. And when joe rogan goes exclusive and we eventually delete the podcast because there are no new episodes coming we will loose all that time.

Also if we were able to download podcasts that we are not subscribed to that would be great. Often i only want to listen to something because of a specific guest. Sure i can add it, listen, and delete but again my statistics will not reflect actual usage.
Lastly, an episode marked as favourites should never be deleted even when we no longer subscribed to the podcast.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

Hi @HansSaeckl
Welcome to the AntennaPod forum! I feel you: losing listen-hours is painful. I made a request on GitHub (where app development happens) a while ago to keep the stats of deleted podcasts. Unfortunately no-one jumped in yet to implement it.

There is work going on to implement tags (referred to on the page linked above as ‘folders’). That could be a workaround, by tagging all old podcasts and never looking at them again. But it’ll probably be a longwhilre before that work is finalised.

I’m afraid that won’t really be possible: podcasts are the centre of the app’s data structure. Deleting a podcast while keeping one of its children, would mean the episode in question is ‘orphaned’.
Either you export your favourites (search in the options for this), or you can hide the podcast when tags are implemented.