The pesky red exclamation mark errors will not go away

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 10

Device model: Motorola One 5G Ace

Expected behaviour: When a scheduled update fails there’s a red exclamation mark next to the feed in the side panel. The exclamation mark and red indicator should go away automatically when you open the panel and the feed. You should not have to do a manual update to get it to turn off. At least make the exclamation mark indicators optional so I can turn it off. I do not care if I have an feed update error and do not want a bunch of those indicators unless I manually update each feed with the indicator on.

Current behaviour: The red exclamation mark stays for very long, not sure how long and what triggers it go away except for a manual update. On some networks I use there are issues so I get lots of missed updates and have to sit and manually update on 30-40 feeds to get rid of the exclamation mark. You could of course say “just ignore it”, but I do not want to have errors that happened hours ago stick until, well I do not know how long it will stay unless I manually update the feed.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

A couple of years ago.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get some scheduled updates to fail (not sure have to have that happen though).
  2. Notice the red exclamation marks.
  3. Do a manual update on some of the feeds and leave others.
  4. Notice that the exclamation mark stays for a long time (not sure how long).

Environment: I have hourly updates and auto-download set.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.