Unable to end playbac

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:
Samsung A5

Expected behaviour:
There should be an end playback button or menu item.

Current behaviour:
No button or menu item exists, and I cannot see how to end playback.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

Steps to reproduce:

1. This

2. Then that

3. Then this

4. Etc.

5. Start to play a podcast.

6. Once started, the playing item can’t be removed from the bottom of the screen (where it is minimised, or from its optional maximised view) , whether I want to continue listening or not.

I think a simple ‘close’ or ‘end’ button or menu item is needed, or another way of ending playback.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

I can see why this is helpful to have a cleaner interface. I would like to see how many other user find this feature useful since there has been UX and Developer time dedicated to this ask.

Thanks Tony.
I suspect you will not get many additional comments here, because my question was asked as a support query rather than a possible new feature, and it’s been answered.
I asked here because I wasn’t sure if the lack of any way to stop the playback and close the player was due to my version of Android or phone model or whether it was the same for all users.
I do think a way of closing the player is needed. It’s all too easy to accidentally tap a podcast and start it playing, and it’s annoying to find it’s then impossible to close the player. Even restarting the phone doesn’t close the player, which stays resolutely at the foot of the screen.
Thanks to you and everyone who’s played a part in creating Antennapod!
Rob