Visual feedback of which output device the play button will use

App version:
2.6.1 (50eee8848) (F-Droid)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
Not obvious what device the “Play” button will play through when switching between Bluetooth devices and smartphone speaker. This is especially a problem as my Bluetooth headset will sometimes connect for “calls” but not for “audio” so unless I look at the detailed Android settings, it shows as “connected” even though audio like AntennaPod won’t play through them.

Suggested solution:
Play button could show a mini Bluetooth symbol next to the play icon to indicate it will play through Bluetooth. Although not relevant to my use-case, other output modes could have their own symbols.

This is similar to how the Phone and other voice chat apps indicate Bluetooth is being used.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

1 Like

Yes, please. Excellent point, sir. Much long explanations yesterday as a Dr. fitted my 1st hearing aides has resulted in my investigating this & similar, related questions with many the things bluetooth with which I interact. These new fancy pants hearing aides do stereo Bluetooth through my phone (& possibly computer & other such entities). Quite reminiscent of Star Trek Jordi’s electronic vision apparatus, I’m rapidly becoming aware of necessity for the very controls you suggest. BRAVO, young man!
No desire to thread-jack, I’ll stop after requesting inclusion of simplified controls. Quite excited by this thing, I remind you folk that we baby-boomers are the majority of the population, & we began learning computers as many of us developed them. We think it nice to have reduced screen clutter & noise, pants pulled up, shoes tied, etc. Kids & grandkids look to “boomers” for finances they lack.

1 Like

This is a nice to have! Spotify does it after all