Android Auto does not always list all episodes

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
2.0.0-RC7 (4ddee0321) from the play store

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:
Pixel 3a xl

Expected behaviour:
Should show all episodes of a feed

Current behaviour:
On the android auto display when I pick a podcast most of the time it only lists some of the episodes but sometimes it will show them all

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect device to car
  2. Launch antennapod
  3. Pick a feed
  4. Not all episodes are shown.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

Hello,

I just created an issue for this over on GitHub, where the app development happens:

Hello, i have the same problem as your (I’m using version 2.0.2 on Android 9, Samsung phone)
Sometimes i try to access an old episode but it won’t show episodes older that July for instance (3 month ago).
I guess it’s linked to the maximim number of episodes shown in the list, but i can’t find where to set this number. Let me know if you’re find any clue please.

I have not found a setting and it seems to show a random number of episodes. Sometimes it will show them all too.

Hi @Pepper_AP
Welcome to the AntennaPod community forum! And I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this (potential) bug, too. (We’er still talking about Android Auto, right?)

Indeed there isn’t a number to set the maximum amount of episodes, because it should display all of them. Even when the owner of the RSS feed removed an episode, it should remain available in the app. At least, in the main app - I don’t know if different mechanisms apply for Android Auto (@tonytamsf, would you know?).

In the main app there’s a ‘paging’ mechanism, that only loads (on screen) more episodes when you reached the bottom of the list. Maybe that could play a role?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@msaegerdo you have an example podcast that has the problem of not all episodes are showing up?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Old episodes missing