The Open Podcast Player
AntennaPod is a podcast player that is completely open. The app is open-source and you can subscribe to any RSS feed. AntennaPod is built by volunteers without commercial interest, so it respects your privacy while giving you full control.
For comparison & inspiration, here’s what some other apps have (I let you guess which apps the first two refer to):
Say “hello” to a different messaging experience. An unexpected focus on privacy, combined with all of the features you expect.
Get the browser that protects what’s important
No shady privacy policies or back doors for advertisers. Just a lightning fast browser that doesn’t sell you out.
Free your notes
Joplin is an open source note-taking app. Capture your thoughts and securely access them from any device.
The web’s best audio content, without limitation
AntennaPod is the free and open podcast app for Android. Respectful of your privacy. Ready for any audio feed. Remarkably simple & flexible.
I believe the three Rs align with the key values as listed on our About page.
Crossed-out brainstorm waves
- AntennaPod is the open podcast app for Android. No shady account servers. No limitation of content. No complicated interface.
- AntennaPod is the free and open podcast app for Android. So that you can enjoy your podcasts without worrying about your privacy, which content might be available or what the settings should be.
- AntennaPod is the free and open podcast app for Android. Simply subscribe to your favorite podcasts, worry free.
- Your free and open podcast app for Android. Created by podcast podcast fans in their free time. Standing for an open podcasting system, to give you the best audio experience.
On a related note, the project's 'raison d'être' as described on the website's About page.
AntennaPod is a podcast player, completely free and respectful of your privacy. It’s created by volunteers throughout the world without any commercial interest. Together we contribute to an open podcasting ecosystem. So that you get to enjoy the web’s best audio content.
It is a bit more lengthy and I think that’s fine. I’m just thinking we should add ‘for Android’ just after ‘is a podcast player’ and before the comma.
While at it, we should also align the short descriptors we use in other places:
- Short description used (I believe) in Google Play:
Easy-to-use, flexible and open-source podcast manager and player
- GitHub app repo about:
A podcast manager for Android
- Twitter bio:
Open-Source Podcast Manager for Android.
For comparison, here’s the short tagline of another app:
Blazingly fast launcher for Android
Proposal for unified short sentence, in line with the slightly longer website description:
The free and open podcast app for Android
Curious to hear anyone’s thoughts!