Review of the Dutch website preview

Hi all dear community members,

@oldblue has been so kind to fully translate the website into Dutch, on Weblate. :netherlands::belgium::aruba::sint_maarten::curacao:

As for any new language, we aim to have another community member (or two) proofread the website preview.

By reading the translated website (and seeing translations in context) it is easier to see if some improvements might need to be made. We find it more important that the texts sound good than to have a literal translation.

The proofreader could either make edits directly in Weblate, or share their findings here for follow-up by @oldblue or me :slight_smile:

Interested? Please let us know in this thread, so no double work is done (or the work can be split)!

1 Like

Meow, meow!

Just saw the toot on Mastodon and I had some spare minutes :smile:
Awesome project! Unofrt I use iOS and donā€™t have any Android devices so itā€™s not for me but not to worryā€¦ I do speak and write Dutch.

Iā€™m just starting but something about the ā€œintroā€ text seems a bit uhā€¦ double maybe! For example:

ā€œAntennaPod is een podcast-speler die volledig open is. De app is open source en je kunt je abonneren op elke RSSā€¦ā€ I would start with the sane sentence from the about page, you had it right there!

ā€œAntennaPod is een podcast speler, gratis en met respect voor privacy. De app is open source en je kunt je abonneren op elke RSSā€¦ā€

If I spot some more Iā€™ll post it <3

meow!

1 Like

Dankjewel @mstdn for helping out!

Thatā€™s actually an issue with the English (source) version of the website. I agree this could use some rephrasing ā€“ Iā€™ll give it some thought soon!

1 Like

I also saw this on Mastodon. I am actually a very happy antennapod user, so I thought I should have a quick look.

I looked at the ā€œabout usā€/Over Ons page.

Iā€™m not sure that ā€œinhoudā€ is a good translation for ā€œcontentā€, I feel like ā€œinhoudā€ means contents (as in the stuff contained in something). From what I can see (e.g. here), usually people just use the English word.

ā€œvendor lock inā€ should probably link to the dutch wikipedia page.

I also looked at the Bijdragen page. No comments there, looks good!

1 Like

Dank ook @uglyhack!

I will adjust the translation of ā€˜audio contentā€™ (to audiocontent), and adjust the Wikipedia page link.

Did you check just the landing page, or also the sub-pages? (Only Design and Support donā€™t have sub-pages.)

Allright, Iā€™ve reviewed the texts this weekend and made a couple of changes. The Dutch version of the website is now published!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.