Custom filters or Episodes filter

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
Google play the latest

Problem you may be having, or feature you want: I want to be able to add a custom filter. If that is too much, then a filter based on tags in the Episodes menu section.

Suggested solution: Please add a builder to create custom filters which can be saved. If that is too much, then A filter based on tags in the Episodes menu section.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:
Please see attached

The episodes screen where Iā€™d like a filter

If I am reading this correctly, couldnā€™t you ā€œstarā€ the episodes you want and then filter them using ā€œis favoriteā€ option?

Good idea, thanks.
However thatā€™s a single filter. I have multiple tags (categories) and I want them separately filtered.

The filter screen is too deep. For quick selecting a certain tag, it would be better to simply click on ā€˜Episodesā€™ to select a tag. This header label can change in the name of the tag, then. The filter stays intact and just filters the output, like always.
Reclicking on the label and selecting ā€˜Allā€™ shows all episodes again.

Well, this kind of filtering better can be implemented in the new UI with bottom bar, instead of current old-fashioned UI with sidebar.

Iā€™m struggling to decide if this belongs here, but I was thinking along similar lines except filtering based a given string in the title. For example, many podcasts have AMAs or live shows in addition to their usual program and include that in the title of the episode, it would be nice to filter these out.

2 Likes

This would be very helpful for me as well!

It would be great if it would be possible to filter for a specific Tag in the Episode Screen.

Because then, when I am interested in topic x, I can select the Tag for Topic x and see all the latest Episodies related to this Topic and nothing else. At the moment I have to use a seperate pocast app for a topic that is especially relevant to me to achieve this.