Don't auto-remove podcasts from the playlist after playing

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
Google Play v2. 2.1

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
Please could I request than an option is added for podcasts to not be automatically removed from the queue after they’ve played?

I listen at bedtime and often fall asleep and am having to re-add the podcasts from the previous night and in the right order etc.

Thanks!

Suggested solution:

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

3 Likes

For reference, the original question: Don’t remove from queue after playing

Yes please! I’d love this feature too.

1 Like

Yes happens more oftwn then I would like to admit, accidentally finishing an episode and it being deleted when I notice

To be honest such general setting doesn’t make sense for me: it goes against the whole point of the queue.

Rather, we should find a fix relevant to it’s context: the sleep timer.

I’m thinking implementing this: Sleep Timer: Stop at end of episode · Issue #2146 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub plus an option or always-on behaviour to maintain the episode after end of track.

1 Like

@keunes Everyone has their habits and rituals so it all depends on your definition of the point of the queue. Even if the sleep timer functionality was changed as you described, the automatic removal of the played episode would have to be changed too.

Obviously bemoaning the lack of this feature is like complaining about being upgraded to Business but not First.

1 Like

That’s what I meant with the following :slight_smile:

Please add this feature!

A sleep timer change does not satisfy my need. I often listen to a podcast and then want to play it for my wife. Now I have to dig it out from somewhere else instead of still having it on my default page.

Since it is lots more reliable for me, in this mountainous rural location, to download rather than stream, I can dig it out of downloads, I suppose.

Of course, figuring out where to find an episode that has been removed from the queue would not be necessary if the episode were simply not removed.

BTW, I try to stop a podcast before it is over for another reason: I have to go to downloads periodically to clear out the dead bodies since I can’t afford to autodelete played episodes. If I stop the episode before it finishes, I can delete it from the queue page or save it for my wife. That’s not a very good solution either.

1 Like