I broke my database? (app can't find my downloaded podcasts)

App version: 2.2.1, from Google Play

Android version: 8.1.0

Device model: Blackberry Key2

Expected behaviour: clicking on a downloaded podcast (that has the play arrow), it should play

Current behaviour: program says File Not Found, and the play arrow changes to the download arrow.

First occurred: Noticed it just today

Steps to reproduce: (see above)

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Environment: I think I “broke” this. I changed to a larger microSD card and copied everything over, forgetting about all the podcasts I had downloaded. I think the timing coincides with the SD card swap. If I download a new podcast, it will play it, but previously downloaded podcasts have the issue described above. If I go to the SD card, it looks like all my old podcasts are in Android/data/de.danoeh.antennapod/files/media/ , but the app no longer recognizes them there. If I re-download them, it creates a second copy.

Is there anyway to fix this without deleting all of the ones I already have downloaded and re-downloading them?

I also just noticed that if I go into file manager and click on the podcast to open it, my phone does not give me an option to use AP to play it, though I don’t know if it ever did that previously, since I’ve never tried it. I did recently add MediaMonkey, so it asks me if I would like to play it using either MM or VLC.

Looks like I’m pretty much out of luck - the database fix described here, maybe, sounds above my parade: -(