Italian website-translation

After reading the call for translators on this blog post , I headed to the translation project page on weblate to start with the translation work straight away, but a section for the italian translation doesn’t exist yet. I would like to contribute, so, would you @keunes or @ByteHamster add it to the project?

What about the translation of the application? Are you going to set it up on weblate of is the translation of it hosted somewhere else?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I don’t know how to do that, translations are managed by keunes :slight_smile:

The app is currently translated using Transifex: AntennaPod localization | Transifex

Then I suppose I have no choice but to wait for @keunes :sweat_smile:

Gotcha, I’v contributed to a bunch of lines yesterday.
it’s a great app and I’m happy to have the opportunity to support it, many thanks for the fantastic job done by all contributors this far :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @mateyesub
Sorry for the delay - will add it somewhere today!

2 Likes

Great to hear you are taking this on, @mateyesub! Feel free to ping me when/if you need a review or second opinion.

3 Likes

Thanks, I will be ready

I will. Good to read that I can rely on your support.

Hi @mateyesub,

Sorry for the delay. I had been working on some textual changes to the website and I wanted to make sure they landed in Weblate before I enabled Italian for you. I thought yesterday I had messed up the code but I just realised that I hadn’t, so I wrapped up that process.

I just enabled Italian on Weblate so please go ahead :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for your help!

Oh, and one advice: don’t translate too literally. It’s more important that the texts sound good :slight_smile:

For the moment ‘Documentation’ and ‘Contribute’ show up as fully translated/not having strings. That’s a quirk in Weblate which seems to happen some times when adding a new language. I hope it resolves itself by tomorrow, but if not, I’ll reach out to the Weblate team to ask if they can investigate.

@loucasal We always ask that someone reviews a test version of the localised website to ensure/enhance the quality, before releasing a new language. If you’d be willing to do that for Italian, that’d be great!

2 Likes

I’ve translated some things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nella traduzione, ho tradotto sempre “you” con “tu”, mai “voi”.

Ho tralasciato le stringhe più tecniche delle quali meglio che si occupi qualcuno più esperto di me.

1 Like

Thank you very much for making the content available for translation so fast, absolutely no reason for apologizing.

I will keep it in mind :wink:

1 Like

Nice to have some help :wink:

This translation has been a sort of flash mob that was just waiting to be unleashed. It looks like there was a horde of Italian translators waiting just for the chance to translate the website of AntennaPod :astonished: :rofl: I’m positively surprised :smile:

2 Likes

EN
Italian is now 93% completed.

IT
La traduzione è ormai in uno stadio piuttosto avanzato.
Come ci è stato suggerito (“don’t translate too literally”), nelle mie traduzioni ho privilegiato frasi che, ovviamente, mantenessero il senso dell’originale ma anche che fossero in italiano corretto e scorrevole, che insomma “suonassero bene” a un italiano, piuttosto che ricalcare la struttura della frase in inglese, che spesso dava risultati piuttosto brutti.
Ho messo dei commenti per dare ragione di alcune scelte di traduzione (che spesso si capiscono solo se si guarda da quale pagina proviene la frase originale e in che contesto si trova).
Per favore, a questo punto se una stringa è già tradotta, modificatela solo se è chiaramente sbagliata (o comunque mettete almeno un commento).

2 Likes

Ottimo lavoro, grazie per tutto quello che hai tradotto in così poco tempo. Mi atterrò alle tue raccomandazioni.

Ciao, mi serve aiuto per alcune stringhe dal contenuto molto “tecnico” che non capisco e per le quali non so se l’equivalente in italiano esiste o no (spesso alcuni termini dell’informatica sono entrati nell’uso nell’originale inglese anche da noi).
Per comodità le copio qui:

1. Upstream & other projects → upstream = a monte? O vuol dire qualcosa di più specifico?
  • In your automation application, you can get AntennaPod to update its subscriptions by sending a ‘Broadcast’ (it may be shown as a type of Android intent) with the following settings: → non so come tradurre “Broadcast” e “type of Android intent”
  • Redirect → lasciamo invariato?
  • In a flow, add a block of the type APPS » Broadcast send and specify → non so cosa significhi, lo lascio a chi capisce di cosa si sta parlando
  • Select Send Intent → idem
  • Specify Package name to be de.danoeh.antennapod → “specifica il nome del pacchetto come …” sarebbe la traduzione letterale, in italiano è un po’ brutto, forse meglio “Assegna al pacchetto il nome …” (se è corretto)
  • Specify Class name to be de.danoeh.antennapod.core.receiver.FeedUpdateReceiver → vedi sopra
  • Specify Target to be Broadcast receiver → vedi sopra. Oltre tutto, visto che si sta parlando di istruzioni da seguire per usare un’altra app, “Broadcast receiver” forse non va tradotto? Integration with other apps – AntennaPod Non ho idea di cosa sia “Tasker”
  • Create an event (Llama automation rule). In the event, → boh
  • Add an action of type Android intent. → idem. Insomma tutte le stringhe di questo tipo senza che le copio tutte
  • synchronize → qui non capisco qual è il contesto originario, forse è il box che si trova in mezzo a questa pagina: How to synchronize between devices – AntennaPod Tradurre come verbo (“sincronizza” all’imperativo, ma forse meglio all’infinito “sincronizzare”) o come sostantivo (“sincronizzazione”, forse è meglio)?
  • Did you create a device while logging in, rather than in advance as suggested above? Then be sure to press the Force sync button in AntennaPod to upload the played state of all the episodes you listened to earlier. If you don’t do this, only podcasts that were added after linking the devices are synchronized. There is an open issue for gpodder.net that requests to change the behavior. → non capisco bene; oltre tutto lasciare “issue” invariato se è questa la dicitura che si trova su github? In alcuni casi ho messo la traduzione + la parola originale tra parentesi per maggiore chiarezza
  • Alternatively, you can import an OPML file or only check the iTunes, gpodder.net, fyyd or Podcast Index database respectively. Importing RSS or Atom feeds, or URL schemes like pcast:// and itpc://, will also work. → qui soprattutto ho difficoltà con “URL schemes”
  • If you have a physical (‘hardware’) keyboard connected to your phone or tablet, you can use certain shortcuts to control playback in AntennaPod. Volume and (un)mute actions affect the audio channel for media (rather than, for example, the one for notifications). → come si traduce “mute” e “unmute”? Azzerare volume/riattivare volume? “Silenziare” è usato nel parlato ma non sono sicura che sia effettivamente corretto (edit: in effetti come verbo esiste: silenziare in Vocabolario - Treccani ma è “non comune” e si riferisce, almeno secondo la Treccani, ad altri contesti. Poi nell’uso è vero che diciamo sempre più spesso “silenziare il volume”)
  • Mute/unmute (toggle) - only on Android 6 and higher → vedi sopra, problema mute/unmute
  • Enter picture-in-picture mode → boh!
  • Multiple queues are currently not supported. Please see issue 2648 on GitHub for more information and / or subscribe to the issue to get updated in case of any developments. → “issue”, lasciare invariato (vedi sopra)? come tradurre “subscribe to the issue”?

Non ho ancora iniziato la revisione (attendo che la traduzione sia completa), ma per questo tipo di dubbi potrebbero tornare utili queste risorse:

Se avete altre risorse da consigliare postatele pure. :wink:

Rispondo al volo a qualche domanda (non ho controllato i contesti, quindi fai la tara alle mie risposte se necessario):

A monte mi sembra ok.

Userei reindirizzare/reindirizzamento a seconda del contesto.

È un’app, non va tradotto.

Cosa ne dici di “disattivare/attivare volume”?

Firefox e altri parlano di “modalità picture-in-picture” - seguirei il loro esempio, quindi “entra nella modalità picture-in-picture”.

“Issue” si potrebbe lasciare invariato (visto che il più comune “bug” sarebbe uno specifico tipo di issue). “Subscribe” è sempre problematico da rendere in italiano. Un’idea potrebbe essere “segui la issue”, oppure “iscriviti alla issue” (ma iscriversi corrisponde anche a “sign up”).

Ho recepito alcuni dei suggerimenti di loucasal, grazie.
Ok, mi sembra che siano rimaste in tutto 10 stringhe non tradotte per le quali io alzo le mani, per me sono troppo difficili, e visto che spesso si tratta di istruzioni da seguire (“fai questo, poi fai quello”) meglio che le traduca chi sa fare quello cui si riferiscono, anche per usare una terminologia coerente con quello che l’utente effettivamente si troverà davanti: AntennaPod - Italian @ Hosted Weblate: In your automation application, you can get AntennaPod to update …

Come detto sopra, per favore traducete “you” con tu, e non voi, così è omogeneo in tutto il sito.
Ciao

IT
Ci ho provato io, alla fine: chi revisionerà il tutto vedrà se ho tradotto bene queste ultime stringhe o no.
Il sito italiano è completo.

EN
The Italian website is 100% translated.

4 Likes

@keunes should I take a look now or after you set up the test version? :slight_smile:

1 Like