Monthly community call!

Not sure about the call myself (depends on the agenda), but I am available to help out for the event and don’t need hosting. I have never been to FOSDEM, so I leave it to you to determine if having a stand would be worthwhile. :slight_smile:

Hello @community-callers,

So, last time the call didn’t happen. This Saturday there would be another one and I’d be keen to join & see some of the other faces as well :slight_smile:

For topics, I would propose:

• Quick review of the Events section on the site (shameless plugging of own work)
  • Some discussions from the Alpha release of 3.0 (if there are any)
  • Sneak peak of the branding refresh that will come with 3.0
  • Initial multiple queues discussion (?)
  • Quick check on Open Podcast API

But as always: please do suggest other points/PRs/Feature Requests that we can discuss.

1 Like

I didn’t dare requesting one without commitment from others, so I didn’t. But I can still host people and we can still organise an AntennaPod get-together. And the good thing is that we’ve got time still.

Quick update from the call: we were with 5 and discussed:

2 Likes

Hi @community-callers,
Let’s meet again this Saturday. Following a vacancy/blog post, @femmdi contacted us and stepped up as translations coordinator! I’m very happy we have him on board. He’ll join us and introduce himself!
We should probably discuss the release of version 3.0 (getting closer!). And of course any other topics/PRs/Feature requests that come up :slight_smile:

Hope to see you!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Swipe gesture to open navigation bar

It seems we didn’t announce the February community call :speak_no_evil:. We did meet though!

This Saturday is another chance! We’re super close to releasing 3.0 to the general public, so I’m sure we’ll get to talk about that. I just had a look at some open PRs - maybe we can have a look at the ‘end of episode sleep timer’? Also there’s this interesting conversation on Mastodon about the <itunes:type> tag.

(Mods, please feel free to split this post into a separate discussion if it’s considered off-topic)

Unfortunately my daughter has a dance competition today. She won’t have to perform until after the call is over, but we’ll likely still be driving there when the call starts. I will bring a laptop, in the hope that I can join the call, but if I can’t, one thing I wanted to bring up is a minor bug in 3.0 with multi-select. On the “Episodes” and Subscriptions screens (maybe others?), when you enter multi-select mode WITH filters applied, the message about the items being filtered sticks out below the top bar (see the first image below). On other screens which have a second line of text at the top (for example, the Queue), that second line of text gets hidden in multi-select mode, and the items below shift upward (see the second and third images below).

2 Likes

In summary, today’s Community Call covered (among other topics):

• AntennaPod 3.0
  • The press release regarding above
  • Usability discussions regarding counters, and technical implications of making changes
  • Consistent use of capitals in settings strings, and challenges with translations
  • Wider conversation about newer android versions breaking features, pragmatic mitigation and possible future architectural changes

Curious on more details than that short bullet list? Welcome to join the next Community Call!

3 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t make it - Saturdays are often tricky, being the only day I can run errands. Thanks to @cos for the short summary.

I will provide some feedback (and a related idea I had in mind for some time) in the dedicated thread.

Was anything decided here? As the reporter (and as the task should be doable for non-coders too) I’d be happy to contribute a PR.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Moving to Title Case for the App?

Hello,
Coming Saturday we have again another community call🤙
Some ideas on what to discuss:

1 Like

Hi @community-callers, please note that the next community call will be on Saturday, June 17th, not June 10th. Same time as usual, 6 PM CEST. Looking forward to seeing you there! :smiley:

Topics to be discussed, among others:

• Contributor stickers
  • Pull request: Fix icon scrolling new #6479
1 Like

Quick reminder @community-callers for tonight’s call. Hope to see you there!

Part of the core team is busy and wouldn’t be able to make it to the community call scheduled this Saturday. And we figured that some of you might already be on holiday, or prefer joining a night out in summer time. We’re therefore cancelling the community calls in July and August.

More generally, we’ll take an AntennaPod-break until late August. Until then we’ll not be monitoring channels as closely and won’t spend much time on the project. After that we’ll be able to start afresh, and we hope to see you in the September community call!

4 Likes

Hi @community-callers,
September has started and the scheduled community call is upcoming. But it doesn’t work for everyone. So, when shall we meet instead? Vote here!

Also, what should we discuss?

• Sleep timer: end of episode (conflict with ‘continuous playback’) #2146
  • Re-introduce tap-to-change speed selector (behind option) #6019
  • Notify user when a feed has failed to update multiple times #6609
  • Android toolbar oddly transparent when scrolling up in podcast detail view #6479
  • Allow to “Shake to reset” in sleep timer at any time during countdown (behind option) #4825 (PR: #6165)
  • Splitting up community meeting into ‘dev room’ & ‘community, UX & translations room’
  • Moving app translations from Transifex to Weblate
  • “Time slot” or “Time range” #6604
  • Fix fast-forward at end of episode #6074
  • ‘Refactor’ episode statuses & introduce ‘Ignored’ status #5237
0 voters

(Anything else? Leave a comment.)

@community-callers From the poll, the following seems the best option: Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 18:00 CEST So let’s mark that down in our calendars

1 Like

@community-callers The call will be today at 20:00 CEST (instead of 18:00), so you can still join :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad that I only have 200 mbs of data left for the day :frowning:

Would this be an Audio call or Zoom call or something? And can an archive be accessed later tomorrow? Thanks