Play button doesn't work on screen lock

I have to open the app and hit okay from there (Pixel 6)

6 Likes

This is happening to me as well. This app is pretty awesome but this is the one thing that is annoying so far. I’m sure it won’t be too hard to fix. I’m on Android 13, S23 Ultra.

I actually just encountered this today, previously the issues I was having were just with the widget (Inconsistent Widget Play/Pause Behavior). Seems like both the widget and the lock screen may be encountering the same issue.

I am experiencing this as well. Pixel 7 Android 14

I also noticed this since a while on my Pixel 6 running Android 13. Does it happen all the time to you? I did not see an associated issue on GitHub - did anyone create one?

It is already on GitHub: Unable to resume playback from notification · Issue #6576 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

2 Likes

Same with me. Very annoying. Pixel 6a, latest version of android

Same issue for me continues, pixel 7 latest Android version.

Let’s say that if it really was so easy to fix either the core team would’ve already done so, or someone else would’ve submitted a patch. (Spoiler: it is not easy.)

To everyone finding this issue: we’re tracking this on our development platform already here: Unable to resume playback from notification and lock screen · Issue #6576 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

And, as a workaround, you can use the AntennaPod quick settings tile to pause and resume playback of the podcast. This even works when AP is not running.

The quick settings tile are essentially the buttons you get when you “pull down” from the top of the phone under android. I mean the section where you can toggle Bluetooth, mobile data, flashlight etc. by just one click on the tile. Antenna pod as such a tile available which allows a start then the widget is crashed.

How to add the tiles depends on the android version. I have attached a generic image, I do not want to post screenshots from my phone…
Try to get in the edit mode by hitting the pen and then scroll until you find the antenna pod tile and move it to the top to be accessible fast.

From Additional information / workaroudn for #6576 · Issue #6915 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

1 Like