Player sometimes jumps back 30 seconds

How long is the full episode for you? It tells me 33:17 in the descriptions, but 30:13 when playing the episode. If it doesn’t skip back then we shouldn’t have this episode lengths.

Imgur

edit: The time shown there is the total play time for the podcast, not the time remaining.

Same here. Did not skip until at least 10 minutes into it. Did not hear ads.

Total length was shown as 33:27 (maybe misremembering the seconds) inside the player.

Replayed the episode. Remaining time now switching between times compatible with total length of 33:27 and 29:42. Very strange. Stabilized after a bit and stayed at values for 29:42 now.

Very interesting and annoying. I’m using a Pixel 6. Wonder if phone model has anything to do with it?

FYI: I am using a Pixel 8 with Android 14 and have not observed this issue.

I’ve been getting this for a year with AntennaPod now. I’m streaming and it skips back about 30 seconds. It ONLY happens after I pause a podcast and then resume (i.e. unpause) the podcast later on. When I first resume, the pod carries on playing from exactly where I paused it and then, a few minutes later, it skips back.

I have had the end of a pod clipped off too. I never associated it with the skip before, but I will keep my eye out for a connection there.

When you have paused playback and resume it later, AntennaPod will skip back a bit to remind you of what you’d been listening to. This part is a feature that I remember from other podcast players. Uncommanded skips ahead or back during playback or cutting off the end is of course not a feature.

1 Like

Ok, but when I resume it carries on playing from where I left of for a minute or two and THEN it skips back. It’s very annoying.

That is definitely not supposed to happen. I’d be annoyed too if that happened to me.

This is not true, btw. @ByteHamster and myself have tried to investigate and identify the possible causes. We’ve released several versions which we hoped would address the issue, and asked the community for feedback. You can follow the progress here: Podcasts skipping back and over content during stream

1 Like

So the total lengths for the same episode are quite different; 30, 31 and 33 minutes. I have 29:42 for this same episode. It’s quite clear the issue is there; I think we’re all getting different audio files.

We hope we’ve found a workaround solution for this issue. See Podcasts skipping back and over content during stream - #34 by keunes

Another instance of it happening to me:

Podcast name: The Ancients
Episode - The Fall of Roman Britain released on September 14th.

Timestamp: 1:05:15, starts to jump back around 1:05:26. The repeated section starts with “Right so you’ve got problems with your clients”

How do you get the betas?
I am in the beta program for Antennapod on Google Play.

Exactly the same issue.

Same here.
Using Pixel 8 Pro.