Podcasting 2.0 chapter requests: be able to view chapters before without playing podcast and also display the chapter name in the player view

Hello,

I have two requests related to to Podcasting 2.0 chapters:

1. Be able to view chapters without playing the podcast. This is something Podverse does (and is the reason I have it installed). It’s handy for podcasts that don’t upload Podcasting 2.0 chapters right away to quickly check if the chapters have been uploaded yet without having to start playing it.
  2. Show the Podcasting 2.0 chapter name in the player view. It’s nice to be able to see the chapter name you’re currently listening to without opening the chapter pop out. There’s a good amount of space between the podcast episode name and the “Shownotes”/“Chapters” buttons, it could fit there.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Yes! There is an open feature request for this: Instead of the generic button name "Chapters" show currently playing chapter name · Issue #6249 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub Was hoping this would be improved in v3 sadly that was not the case. Hope this can be addressed as it would be very useful.

1 Like

I would love for this to be worked on too

1 Like

Why isn’t this a thing

As for displaying the chapter on the playback screen: I’m not against it but I’m not sure how we should go about it.

The playback screen is already quite full and I’m not sure where to put the extr text:

Any suggestions? Happy to then turn it into a mock-up :slight_smile:

Side note - this would also help I guess:

The chapter titles need to be distinct from donations. Currently podcasting 2.0 donations are replacing chapter titles in the chapter modal.