Queue sort order: Podcast Title (A->Z) then Episode Date

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
First, I adore AntennaPod! For the feature request, the only thing I miss about my old podcast app is the queue sorting. Currently, in AntennaPod I sort my queue: Podcast Title > A-Z. I believe that right now, podcasts from the same subscription are also sorted alphabetically. It would be great to have this be Podcast Title > A-Z > Oldest First (though that might be a clunky/confusing description, perhaps “Podcast Title (A->Z), then Episode Date”).

Suggested solution:
Podcast Title then Episode Date would have un-listened to podcasts of the same subscription queued from oldest to newest. For example, if I haven’t listened to a daily podcast for two days, the queue would place the older one first (Monday then Tuesday).

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

Seems like a good suggestion. I would like the podcast date in reverse :slight_smile:

It is not officially supported but you can kind of do that already. First, sort by date. Then sort by podcast title. This does not work with “Keep sorted” enabled, though.

3 Likes

@ByteHamster Thank you! This is a great workaround! (I was previously dragging the podcasts around, within each subscription, after refreshing and/or downloading.)

Great tip here! Especially effective with podcasts that come in two parts. Example …Adam Carolla.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.