TimeOut – not able to play episode

App version: 2.5.2 (from Google Play)

Device model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Android version: 8.0.0

Android System WebView: newest version
I made sure to check the tipp in this forum entry (despite the other device model):

Expected behaviour: Keep on playing the episodes, ability to skip (back and forth)

Current behaviour: Since the last app update the app is really buggy. If I am lucky, I can play an episode without any problems (I prefer stream rather then downloading them). But only when I do not touch any button (no pause, no fast-forward or rewinding). I was able to do that before and I miss this ability very much.

First occurred: since the last update in April 2022

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start an episode (hopefully it will play)
  2. press pause OR forward OR rewind
  3. press play again
  4. the spinner keeps spinning and after a while there is the notice “time out” (if I do not touch the smartphone in any way. Otherwise there is no message at all)

Environment: standard settings. Nothings changed.

What I tried as well – but I can’t figure out an reproductive behavior:

Sometimes (but not always) it is enough to …

• (force) stopp the app
  • restart / shut down+restart the smartphone
  • listen to another episode (for a little while) – with making sure of the steps above –

… and I can listen to the episode once again.

Furthermore I deinstalled the app completely and re-installed it from scratch.

I deleted the RAM of the playstore as well as AntennaPod.

I am at the end of my knowledge and would really apprechiate help to solve my problems. I love AntennaPod and would be devasted to switch to another podcast app. Thank you very much in advance!

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[sorry, not available]

Oh my gosh. Only realized now, that my smartphone run into obsolescence. It rendered so good service since 2016, that I did not thought about that.

Would you please let me know, wether the old Android version causes my troubles?

Thank you very much in advance.

Are you saying it is possible for you to regain a useful experience if downgrading to an older version of AntennaPod than 2.5.2? Would you be able to please install a previously known working version and report back?

I would expect versions requiring newer android versions to not be installable on older devices.

I have the exact same problem, almost every time I skip forward or backward while streaming playback stops and never resumes.

App version: 2.6.1 from F-Droid

Android version: 7.1.2

Device model: Xiaomi Redmi 4X

HEUREKA!
The latest version of AntennaPod (2.6.1) solves my troubles \o/
I am so happy. Thank you very very much, dear developers. You are my heros!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.