App version: 2.5.2 (from Google Play)
Device model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android version: 8.0.0
Android System WebView: newest version
I made sure to check the tipp in this forum entry (despite the other device model):
Expected behaviour: Keep on playing the episodes, ability to skip (back and forth)
Current behaviour: Since the last app update the app is really buggy. If I am lucky, I can play an episode without any problems (I prefer stream rather then downloading them). But only when I do not touch any button (no pause, no fast-forward or rewinding). I was able to do that before and I miss this ability very much.
First occurred: since the last update in April 2022
Steps to reproduce:
- Start an episode (hopefully it will play)
- press pause OR forward OR rewind
- press play again
- the spinner keeps spinning and after a while there is the notice “time out” (if I do not touch the smartphone in any way. Otherwise there is no message at all)
Environment: standard settings. Nothings changed.
What I tried as well – but I can’t figure out an reproductive behavior:
Sometimes (but not always) it is enough to …
- (force) stopp the app
- restart / shut down+restart the smartphone
- listen to another episode (for a little while) – with making sure of the steps above –
… and I can listen to the episode once again.
Furthermore I deinstalled the app completely and re-installed it from scratch.
I deleted the RAM of the playstore as well as AntennaPod.
I am at the end of my knowledge and would really apprechiate help to solve my problems. I love AntennaPod and would be devasted to switch to another podcast app. Thank you very much in advance!
[sorry, not available]