Turkish Language in the app

Hey hello, I’m Piryus Q. I wanted to talk about a problem that you have so many Turkish users, but half of your application is in English. I take it from this that you do not value your Turkish users, please make a Turkish version.

1 Like

:tr:Translators of the AntenaPod app into Turkish

1 Like

That’s a ridiculous assumption to make.

If you value Turkish users, you can easily contribute to make it better. See Translate – AntennaPod

2 Likes

As @Tactical indicated, AntennaPod is developed and translated by volunteers. Everyone working on AntennaPod is doing so in their free time. If the Turkish translation is not completed, it means that from the people using AntennaPod in Turkish, no one found it important enough that they spent their free time on translating AntennaPod. However, if you think that completing the translation is important, you are warmly invited to join the AntennaPod volunteer community and complete the translation. @Tactical already posted the link.

1 Like

1 Like

As you can see, although the Turkish translation is finished, the application is still in English, solve this error I translated 100 English translations into Turkish.

1 Like

As you can see, although the Turkish translation is finished, the application is still in English, solve this error I translated 100 English translations into Turkish.

1 Like

Although I use the Turkish language, it is still in English

1 Like

I supposed it is been translated recently and translation as not be pulled? And even when translation is updated you still have to wait for a new version.

I agree that it can be frustrating as it could take some time but as ByteHamster pointed out remember that there is only volunteers helping / developing AntennaPod when they can. It can’t be expected what one would from people being paid for developing full time.

As a side note please refrain from creating multiple post for the same thing. :pray:

3 Likes

It seems that this it not the case. I just briefly checked, and all strings were already translated before January this year: https://app.transifex.com/antennapod/antennapod/viewstrings/#tr/core-values/80084512?q=translated_before%3A2023-01-15

And translations were pulled before the 3.0 release in March: History for ui/i18n/src/main/res/values-tr/strings.xml - AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

This makes me wonder, @Piryus_Q;

1. What Android version are you on?
  2. What is your AntennaPod version? (Please go the AntennaPod Settings via the side menu > About to find the version number.)
  3. What are your device’s language settings? Please go to your Android settings > System > Languages and input > Languages, take a screenshot and please share it with us.

I am using the latest version of the application, android 12, despite this, you have a mistake in English bidet, there are 367 words translated in the last week, I translated them too, so why is the application still not Turkish

“latest version” never helps when asked about an app version. Updates are rolled out to a random percentage of users, so the latest version is different for everyone. Only actual version numbers help.

In case you are using 3.1-beta3, I guess this has to do with the fact that we recently changed the capitalization of most settings titles, see Moving to Title Case for the App?

Please follow the instructions I gave:

As my colleague noted, the ‘latest’ version number changes from person to person.

That’s what we’re trying to figure out here. No need to repeat your frustration. Please just answer the question so we can do our job.

1 Like

I am using version 3.1.0-beta3 (ca9358234)
How can I talk to @emmdi?

Ok, thank you. As my colleague already noted: we changed the capitalisation of the settings. The translations on Transifex were updated since, but they haven’t landed in the app yet. In the final 3.1 release, the app will be fully in Turkish again.

I edited the Turkish translation Due to an error I cannot upload it, so I post it here

AntennaPod can only be translated using Transifex, not using Android XML files directly

1 Like

Github sayfanızdan aldığım metni düzelttim. Pach-1 olarak gönderdim. .xml dosyası transifex tarafından da kullanılıyor.

I think your Turkish translators translated from Google translate 112 errors corrected Turkish is not like your language, Turkish words change according to where they are used in Turkish, so make a correct Turkish translation.