What is the roadmap and future of Podcasting 2.0 inside AP?

For additional features in a standardised way there is the Podcasting 2.0 namespace.
AntennaPod isn’t mentioned on https://github.com/Podcastindex-org/podcast-namespace/blob/main/docs/element-support.md so i think we should have some kind of table which shows the status and plans for every single new tag from that project.

I am looking forward to some of them being more common like alternateenclusure and transcript as well as a new chapter option but it is hard to convince either producers and apps or hoster if nobody breaks the chicken and egg loop and starts coding support.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @ghast
Just noticed that your thread was auto-closed and nobody replied. Just wanted to chip in saying that work is underway for Transcripts (see GitHub - AntennaPod/AntennaPod at transcript), and that we have the ‘Pocasting 2.0’ label on GitHub: Issues · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

Not sure if we need to create a table.

2 Likes

We already support the funding tag, chapters and search for Podcasting 2.0. It’s listed here Apps | Podcastindex.org

2 Likes

Other discussions: Podcast Index namespace work

Any news on when changing artwork will be supported? At present, just the title album art is shown throughout the podcast (on Android Auto at least, I only use it that way).

Hi @Norm, the title artwork topic is unrelated to Podcastcasting 2.0. Could you start a new topic on this?

I assume you expect the episode artwork, if you selected that preference to appear?

No, I don’t mean the episode artwork (that works fine). I mean images that change during the show, which I’m fairly sure is a feature of P2.0. It’s used to good effect on Adam Curry’s show No Agenda. It works well on other apps such as Podcast Addict.

As such chapter art is already supported in AntennaPod. But maybe it’s indeed not working in Android Auto (yet).
Do you think we should create a feature request on GitHub for that @tonytamsf?