Automatically add to queue

App version: 3.0.2 (Google Play)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want: There’s a daily podcast that I listen to every morning while driving to work, using Android Auto. At the moment, I have to select the podcast and then the newest episode, which can be annoying and a little distracting while driving. Instead, in Android Auto, it’s much easier to play the queue (it’s just one touch). I would like a podcast setting that, as soon as a new episode for that podcast appears, automatically adds it to the queue.

I don’t download episodes, I always use streaming, and I’d like to keep it this way. Also I don’t use the Inbox feature (to be honest I’ve never quite understood its purpose), is it useful for my request?

Suggested solution: see above: “automatically add every new episode to the queue for this podcast” option (not just about every podcast I subscribe to, like the Inbox -I guess?-, it has to be set for each podcast individually)

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

3 Likes

But you could just select the option to “add downloaded episodes to the queue”

But why? You don’t save data whether you stream or download. No difference

2 Likes

It may be that there isn’t enough space available on the device to download the episodes hence why streaming is always used.

I can potentially see myself using such a feature if it existed.

3 Likes