This feels a bit like a bug, in that things that used to work for me no longer do, but I think it’s intended behavior so I’m posting it as a feature request instead.
App version: 2.6.1, from fdroid
Android version: 12
Device model: Pixel 4a (sunfish)
Previous behavior: Video podcasts continue playing in audio-only mode when the screen is locked or the back button is pressed (depending on the “upon exiting video” setting)
Current behavior: Video podcasts pause when the screen is locked or the back button is pressed. The “upon exiting video” setting no longer exists. The only way to switch to audio-only mode is to open the dropdown menu of the playing video and select the “Switch to audio only” option.
First occurred: Today
Steps to reproduce:
- Begin playing a video podcast
- Lock the screen or hit the back button
- Podcast pauses, with no setting for overriding this behavior
- No more Audio-Only playback of Videos?
- Ignore video, play only music · Issue #4749 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub
Could we bring back the “upon exiting video” setting so we can choose whether or not we want the podcast to pause when we lock the screen?