Monthly community call!

Hi @community-callers, please note that the next community call will be on Saturday, June 17th, not June 10th. Same time as usual, 6 PM CEST. Looking forward to seeing you there! :smiley:

Topics to be discussed, among others:

• Contributor stickers
  • Pull request: Fix icon scrolling new #6479
1 Like

Quick reminder @community-callers for tonight’s call. Hope to see you there!

Hello @community-callers,
Part of the core team is busy and wouldn’t be able to make it to the community call scheduled this Saturday. And we figured that some of you might already be on holiday, or prefer joining a night out in summer time. We’re therefore cancelling the community calls in July and August.

More generally, we’ll take an AntennaPod-break until late August. Until then we’ll not be monitoring channels as closely and won’t spend much time on the project. After that we’ll be able to start afresh, and we hope to see you in the September community call!

4 Likes

Hi @community-callers,
September has started and the scheduled community call is upcoming. But it doesn’t work for everyone. So, when shall we meet instead? Vote here!

Also, what should we discuss?

• Sleep timer: end of episode (conflict with ‘continuous playback’) #2146
  • Re-introduce tap-to-change speed selector (behind option) #6019
  • Notify user when a feed has failed to update multiple times #6609
  • Android toolbar oddly transparent when scrolling up in podcast detail view #6479
  • Allow to “Shake to reset” in sleep timer at any time during countdown (behind option) #4825 (PR: #6165)
  • Splitting up community meeting into ‘dev room’ & ‘community, UX & translations room’
  • Moving app translations from Transifex to Weblate
  • “Time slot” or “Time range” #6604
  • Fix fast-forward at end of episode #6074
  • ‘Refactor’ episode statuses & introduce ‘Ignored’ status #5237
0 voters

(Anything else? Leave a comment.)

@community-callers From the poll, the following seems the best option: Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 18:00 CEST So let’s mark that down in our calendars

1 Like

@community-callers The call will be today at 20:00 CEST (instead of 18:00), so you can still join :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad that I only have 200 mbs of data left for the day :frowning:

Would this be an Audio call or Zoom call or something? And can an archive be accessed later tomorrow? Thanks

It’s on Jitsi, some participants with video and some without. We do not record the calls.

1 Like

When would the next meet be (approx)?

Usually monthly on Saturday (see first post), this time is an exception because of the holiday season

1 Like

Many thanks to the folks who joined today! What we discussed:

Next meeting will be again according to our regular schedule (on Saturday).

1 Like

Would it be at the usual time (18:00 CEST)?

Hi @Aman_Garg,
Yes, it’ll be the usual time. Slight change of plans, though: we’ll focus on translators & localisation :slight_smile: But you’re most welcome to join

1 Like

One last thing, what’s the Link to join the call? I couldn’t find any reference to that in this thread… Thanks

@Aman_Garg
You can find the link in the first post of this thread:
afbeelding

And at the meeting page on the website (‘open meeting’):
afbeelding

And for your convenience, it’s here: Jitsi Meet :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s aweasome! Thanks a lot :))

1 Like

Hi all, @community-callers @translators

as mentioned in this post, our community call tomorrow at 6:00 PM CEST will be focused on translators and translations.

Agenda:

• Introduction and welcome
  • Status update: # of languages app & website are available in; language-based usage number
  • Discuss any specific challenges or considerations related to the translation process
  • Discuss expectations regarding responsiveness and availability for queries or clarifications
  • Discuss translation guidelines or resources required to ensure accurate and consistent translations
  • Next steps and wrap-up

We hope to see you tomorrow! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @community-callers! We will have another community call today. Note that the time zone in Europe changed since the last call, it will still be at 18:00 CET. We will be talking about the video playback behavior. If you want to familiarize yourself with the topic, there is a summary here: https://forum.antennapod.org/t/discussion-summary-play-video-as-audio/3456

2 Likes

Topic suggestions:

I know this is a long statement and while i tried to phrase it esteeming/appreciative as well as contructive, i know this is a harsh critique of the status quo. So please read it carefully, be open, judge it fairly and be honest about what your answers are.
I’m looking foreward to discussing this with you and hope you will accept this as a topic for the next call, which i will try everything for to attend.

1 Like